Making the Most of Your Doctor’s Visit
If you are experiencing chronic or recurring symptoms of abdominal pain and/or discomfort as well as diarrhea, you may have IBS-D. It’s important to talk to your doctor to receive an official diagnosis, and learn how best to control your symptoms.
Preparing For Your Visit
In advance of your appointment, take the time to jot down some key things to discuss with your doctor.
These notes should include:
- Specific symptoms
- How often you experience symptoms
- Severity of symptoms
- Any symptom triggers that you’ve noticed (eg, stress, certain foods, etc.)
- Any big changes in your life since your last visit
- A list of all of the medications/vitamins that you take
- Anything you’ve taken or tried to attempt symptom relief (eg, OTC medicine, less/more fiber in your diet, etc.)
- Any questions for your doctor
There are management options available for the treatment of IBS-D. Ask your doctor about treatment options that might work best for you